Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Evening Run

After all the hubbub of the weekend (son graduating, relatives here...) all I wanted to do yesterday was sleep. Since it was another PNW Triumvirate Day (grey, cool, damp) it was difficult to not give in to the sofa - so I didn't fight it. I just spent the afternoon hours catching up on sleep. By early evening the grey was getting lighter and the sun was making an attempt to shine through the clouds. I, however, still felt like my blood was as thick as cold honey so I called my running partner and we both agreed to do a late evening run. We started out at 8pm-ish and it was bright grey and dry. I do believe there was even blue in parts of the sky. We chose a route through a neighborhood that we hadn't run in quite awhile. The loop is 4.5 miles and we both wanted 5 miles so we started adding cul-de-sacs and little byways onto the run. We chatted away and enjoyed the homes and their landscaping as we passed. It felt easy and good. In the end we ran 5.6 miles and ended just as the clouds were turning pink. It was beautiful - a perfect, evening run.

No comments: