Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sunny October

Well, it was a busy weekend and my husband and I got home after midnight both Friday and Saturday, That's why when it was time to get up to go run with my group on this morning I rolled over and went back to sleep instead. I hate it when I miss the group runs and that meant of course, that I'd have to run alone. We had some errands to do around the house so I would be running around 1:00 in the afternoon. Good! It was sunny and warm and dry. I'd do my 9-mile loop. I wore one of my running skirts and a tank - first time in awhile that I didn't need a long-sleeve shirt for the first mile or so (or even gloves). I carried my water bottle and took a gel along just in case. Took off with my iPod on ( I just remove one of the earbuds when I cross busy streets) and the music seemed perfect too. My 9-mile loop was beautiful - Mt. Rainier was in full view most of the time and the neighborhood boulevard trees were in full color. Sunny, clear, and gorgeous - what a beautiful day to run. I kept a good pace, walked and gelled at the halfway point, and kept taking swigs on my water bottle. I ended up coming in with a better time than I had hoped. Perfect!!

No comments: