Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Beautiful Day!

It was gorgeous outside yesterday - fat, fluffy flakes falling. The snow reflected the ambient light and it brightened everything. I convinced Elliot to join me on the cross country skis and we toured the neighborhood and the school grounds. Everything is prettier covered in snow. It's quieter too. We returned home and I started to shovel the drive, but then decided I liked the look of it better with the snow. I took some pictures. In the late afternoon several neighbors got together and we all decided to go sledding. Fun! Although it was a bit of a workout climbing the sledding hill each time I rode down it, somehow I still felt the need for a run. I moved a few things in the garage (didn't I just clean this place?!) and put the ramp down on my dreadmill. At 8:30pm I pounded out four miles. Felt good. I guess for the next week or so (until it gets less slippery out there) I'll be getting to know my friend, Dred (makes him seem like a cool Caribbean bartender when I call him by this moniker). Yep, me and Dred - we're going to have fun!

2 comments:

Jenny, Maniac #401 said...

I just go out in the ice...I have no "Dred" sometimes I wish I did, but I can't say I'd use it all too often for it to be woth the expense. Have a Merry Christmas!

Backofpack said...

Yeah, no Dred for me either. Dred actually makes me carsick, so I guess that makes me...sensitive? Right? Running at the park is my current solution. See you soon?