Thursday, January 8, 2009

Me and Dred Together Again...

School was cancelled today because of the flooding in the area so I slept late this morning (after rolling over and going back to sleep on severallll occasions....)! That felt great. I do feel like someone beat me up though. Sore all over. I ran/walked (yes, you read that right - /walked) 5 miles on the "Dred" yesterday after work and it felt like the last five miles of a really bad marathon! I should have bucked up and hit the road instead of Dred but I just couldn't bear going out into the dark monsoon. I had run through it the day before - straight from school - with one of my teacher friends, and we re-entered the school dripping wet after just four miles. It had still been light out though - and it was with a friend. That always makes running fun for me. That run felt like childhood - running and trying to miss the puddles - but getting totally soaked anyway. It was fun! The run with Dred - despite watching a fun show on the TV - was dreadful! I'm just glad it's done!

2 comments:

Backofpack said...

Okay, so I discovered tonight that bloglines has not been updating several blogs and I've missed lots of posts! So sorry. I changed it over to google reader and I think that will take care of it. Anyhow, we ran in the monsoon in the early am dark and I loved it! Missed you this morning. Still on for next weekend?

Cat. said...

Yes - I'm on for next weekend - do I need to sign up?! :-) I needed to sleep in today after celebrating with Larry in Seattle yesterday!

Cat.